Latest News: FORD AND MSA BRING FIA F4 CONCEPT TO BRITAIN
JOE FULBROOK COMPLETES HAT-TRICK OF VW CUP TITLES
Joe Fulbrook emerged from the chaos of two dramatic season-closing rounds of the Milltek...
17 September 2014 > full story
RACE WIN FOR TRACKSPEED BUT MARCO ATTARD TAKES GT TITLES
Trackspeed celebrated their second GT3 win in succession as the #63 combination of Jon...
15 September 2014 > full story
THE DONINGTON DECIDER
The Avon Tyres British GT Championship heads to Donington Park this weekend for the...
12 September 2014 > full story
The most exciting development in British junior single-seater motor racing for almost 50 years took a step closer to reality yesterday when Ford Motor Company announced key facts about the arrival of the FIA F4 concept in the UK for the 2015 season.
Powered by the race-proven Ford 1.6L EcoBoost engine, the new championship’s carbon-fibre monocoque chassis will provide drivers with a safe, reliable and economical means of getting on the grid for the first time. The series will be showcased alongside the British Touring Car Championship, providing access to Britain’s biggest motorsport TV package on ITV4.
- New championship to be named MSA Formula – Certified by FIA, Powered by Ford EcoBoost
- New car available to order from 27 September, following its unveiling at Silverstone
- Powered by Ford: 1.6-litre EcoBoost engines, as proven in Formula Ford, tuned to deliver the FIA’s maximum permitted 160 PS
- Initial batch of 15 cars to be delivered by December 2014
- ‘Ready to race’ price of a new car including engine lease, Sadev sequential paddle shift transmission and data logging system less than £36,000*
- The only UK championship awarded by the MSA and run to the FIA’s F4 regulations
- In 2015 MSA Formula will be open to 15-year-old drivers. It will be the only single-seater championship in Britain to offer this
- Carbon-fibre monocoque chassis, designed to meet exacting FIA safety standards, to be produced by leading European manufacturer Mygale
- Single engine tuner: all power units to be supplied through one leading race engine preparer
- Control tyres from leading race and road tyre manufacturer Hankook
- 10-meeting, 30-race schedule of BTCC-support races at all major British circuits, with live TV and highlights package
- Mentoring and driver development programme every race weekend overseen by the MSA, British motorsport’s governing body
For more information about MSA Formula, pricing and it's offical launch visit www.britishformulaford.co.uk
18 September 2014
Sign up today and get FREE entry to Autosport 2015
BRSCC members are entitled to a complimentary ticket to any one of the four days of the annual Autosport Show at the NEC, Birmingham. The 2015 Autosport Show will run from Thursday 8th until Sunday 11th January.
|> more details|
You can subscribe to our mid-month e-newsletter by entering your details.
|> more details|